Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Tuesday Talk - A Navy Brat, An Army Wife

As a child I was what many people call a Navy brat. My father was a Navy Seabee, a construction battalion of the Navy. Their job was to construct and tear down buildings, make roads, clear areas for others to move through and much more. I have always admired my dad for his willingness to be a part of something that worked to protect the lives of others - military and civilians alike.

My Hubby in Afghanistan

I used to laugh and say that I would marry a man in uniform someday because of the admiration that I have for my dad and other military personnel. Well, I did. I married an amazing man!

 

We met about 2 years ago and I have been blessed to have him in my life ever since! Not only is Drew serving his country as an Army-man, his family is of the utmost importance to him. He is incredibly supportive in helping me run Art Whims too! He is my strength and the love of my life!


My dad in lower left corner
Cadet Leader Uniform

Now, my hubby and I volunteer with my dad for the Sea Cadets. This last Saturday I had the privilege of chaperoning cadets aboard the decommissioned ship the USS Turner Joy. It was an amazing tour!

Being an Navy daughter and an Army wife has certainly had its challenges, but it is in those challenges that we have all grown to appreciate life and each other more; I would not change a thing!

Forever a Navy Brat and Always a loving Army Wife!

1 comment:

Blog Archive

Want to be featured on the Art Whims Blog? Have a fantastic Etsy Shop? Feel free to , Contact Me and share what you create!